The K Tahta Armenian Community Sunday School was founded at the initiative of (the then named) London Armenian Community and Church Council and now functions as a Registered Charity Trust of the Armenian Community and Church Council of Great Britain.
The school was named after the late philanthropist Kevork Tahta (1895–1980) who donated £100,000 to the Community Council and which enabled them to set up a Trust for the benefit of the Community's Religious, Educational and Cultural needs.
The first headteacher was Dr Kevork Chorbajian who served until 1979. He was succeeded by Dr Hovhannes Avakian who was headteacher from 1979 to 1983.
From 1983 until her retirement in 2005, the school was under the most able headship of Mrs Anahit Kazarians BA, MA.
The current Head Teacher is Mrs. Rousanna Tatoulian BSc, MA.